The upcoming submission deadline is October 1st, 2015. Papers should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line “2015 Submission: [Your First Name] [Your Last Name].”
Please make sure to carefully read the information below before submitting your paper:
Criteria for submission:
- We accept submissions from any discipline, although we will give preference to interdisciplinary articles (for example, a paper that combines linguistics and computer science or political science and statistics).
- You must be the article’s first or second author. When you wrote the paper, you must have been a student at an accredited two or four-year institution.
- You must have completed the paper within the past five years.
- Your paper must contain an abstract.
- We will not accept papers that have been published before in any other journal. You are welcome to submit your paper to other journals, but you must email the CURJ immediately to withdraw your paper from our application process if you accept an offer of publication from another journal.
- You may submit no more than three articles per issue, but only one article can be published in print in a single issue by a given author (although more than one may be published online).
- If your paper is not selected for publication, you may resubmit it for publication in later issues (provided it has not been published elsewhere in the interim).
- Papers should be submitted in 12 point Times New Roman font. They should be no longer than 10 pages single spaced.
- Papers should follow discipline-specific citation and style guidelines. Chemistry papers, for example, should follow the American Chemical Society style guide, while psychology papers should adhere to the American Psychological Association style guide.
- Submissions should be sent as .doc or .docx documents. If you originally wrote your paper using LaTeX, please send your article in both .pdf and .doc or .docx format.
- Papers must be submitted in English. If you originally wrote your paper in another language, you may translate it yourself into English or have another party translate it. If a second party translates your paper, please send us their contact information so that we can verify the authenticity of the translation.
- If your paper contains images, illustrations, or complicated equations (i.e. equations that use symbols beyond basic arithmetic operations), please send them as images in a separate .doc or .docx document in the size and resolution that you would like to use in print. Each image should include a label or caption, and you must indicate exactly where in the article it should be placed (e.g. after a particular paragraph on a specific page).